1.Is Canada larger or smaller than China?
－Larger than China.
2. What do you think the weather is like in Canada?
－Weather in the north, temperatures in the south, temperatures in the west.
Step Ⅲ Listeningand Word Study
1.Play the tape and let Ss listen and follow.
2.Deal with Part 3 and 4 on Page 35. Explain what the Ss have to do. Then let them work individually at this exercise, check them in the end.
Get the Ss to read the passage carefully, paying attention to the correct way of saying the population, the size, the temperatures, and then get the Ss to answer the following.
Step Ⅴ Practice
1. Get the Ss to do SB Page 39, Part 3 word study. First explain to them what they have to do, then let them do this exercise individually and check their answers.
2. Ask the Ss to do SB Page 39 Part 4, following the example and doing it in pairs and check their answers at the end.
3. Get the Ss to do Note making and discussion. First make sure that the Ss know what to do, then ask them to do Note making individually and do the discussion in pairs or in groups.
Step Ⅵ Further practise
1)T organizes the Ss to divide several groups, talk about the topic is what’s the most impression of the Canada for you? T gives them a few minutes to change their ideas ,then ask a group to talk in front of the class.
2) According to the text, T let them work individually at this time, then T asks several Ss to say about it.
Same as China